Let’s face it; we’re all carrying around a smartphone. As a government agency, providing access to vital information and services through a mobile device makes logical sense. Often, agencies rely on their mobile-friendly website, but is it enough? Some of the biggest businesses in the world provide many of their services via mobile apps, despite having a website. Why would they do this? Below we’ve taken a look at some key reasons why having a mobile app can drastically help you reach your citizens:
- Easier to Use, Easier to read, Easier to Navigate
- Brand Presence
Don’t just take our word for it; here are a few interesting mobile app stats:
- Nearly 90% of mobile internet time is spent on apps. (eMarketer) - The gap between mobile app and mobile browser usage is also widening. Adult smartphone users spend about 4 hours per day using mobile internet, and 88% of that time is spent in mobile apps rather than a browser.
- 21% of millennials say they open their apps more than 50 times daily. (The Manifest) – Reaching and engaging with younger citizens is more important than ever. Younger generations today are tech-savvy and always on their phones. Build a great app, build trust and loyalty, and they will return repeatedly.
- It’s not just about reaching generation Z and Millennials; 55–64-year-olds spend 1.8 hours per day, and 65 and older; spend 1.6 hours per day on Apps. (Source: Social Media Today) - Apps truly reach across multiple generations and allow your local government agency the ability to reach everyone instantly.
- Smartphone use is on the rise for seniors, up 50% from 2016 (amac.us) – Smartphones are rising with the senior population. Every day, more seniors use smartphones for banking apps, social networks, and more.
- Most users have more than 80 apps installed on their phones. (TechJury) – Smartphone users want apps and use apps all day long. They expect government agencies and businesses alike to provide an app.
- Americans, on average, check their phones every 12 minutes. (Buildfire) – Notifications, breaking news, multi-tasking, and more are driving Americans to check their phone more often than ever. Americans want to receive notifications and check their phones from businesses, agencies, and colleagues.
- The average smartphone owner uses ten apps per day and 30 apps each month. (TechJury) - It’s not just Facebook or email apps dominating citizens’ app time. Smartphone users want the latest and greatest apps and want to be engaged with the apps regularly.
- Trusted Source of Information: 560,000 new malware are detected daily (Dataprot.net). - Websites and searches can often lead an unsuspecting citizen to the wrong sites and places that contain malware, phishing, and other security risks. Mobile apps provide a trusted source of information that has been vetted and approved by app store standards.
- Trusted Notifications: Text message and robocall scams are on the rise. While there were 72.2 billion scam calls in 2021, there were 87.8 billion scam texts. In March 2022, text spam growth outpaced robocall growth (text-em-all). - Citizens receiving notifications and messages through a branded mobile app are far more likely to be trusted because Apple & Google verify the authenticity of their apps. This is a far better experience than receiving text messages from a random unknown phone number, a known channel for phishing and scams.
- Increase your Brand Presence by being on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store – Having a button on your citizens’ phones with your brand helps remind citizens that your services and information are one tap away vs. opening a browser and searching for an address. With that reminder, citizens are more likely to remember to try your technology channel rather than coming down to the town hall in person. And your citizens can go to the app store they use every day, Apple App Store or Google Play Store, and search for your agency name.
Now is the time for Local Government Agencies to embrace Mobile Apps
GOGov can help! We’re experts in government mobile app & software development and can help you find the solution that fits your needs. Learn more about our local government agency-branded mobile apps and schedule a demo today.